This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #CatchMoreData #Ghostbusters #CollectiveBias
I have to admit, I am not one of those moms that goes all out on Halloween. As much as I love it, I just feel like I am not crafty enough for all of the elaborate activities and recipes! One of the things I am good for, though, are simple treats to share at home with my family during a Halloween gathering. We all love pumpkin pie around here, so I put a small spin on that dessert and made bars instead of pie. For Halloween, I draw eyes and and ghost mouth on them with icing! It’s such an easy, fun way to make the treat a little more festive.
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black cookie icing
- Combine the ingredients for the filling in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over the crust and smooth it evenly. Bake on 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is firm. Remove from oven and let cool for one hour. Cut into rectangles, design ghostly eyes and mouth with icing.
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. You can also use a fork. Pour into a baking sheet and press into the bottom, evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Enjoy your spooky treat!
Another thing we are excited about is the new “Ghostbusters” movie! The trailer looks so good! It is now available at Walmart on Blu-ray, DVD and 4K Ultra HD. The Blu-ray extended edition has over 15 more minutes not seen in theaters plus over 3 hours of hilarious extras. Eating our pumpkin treats on the couch watching Ghostbusters sounds like the perfect Halloween evening, to me!
While at Walmart getting Ghostbusters, I also tested out a new phone plan. Walmart Family Mobile PLUS offers Unlimited Talk, Text, Data; 10GB 4G LTE plus a free movie (rental, new release = $7 value) on VUDU every month, per line for $49.88. I chose the LG K7 for $49.88 (Rollback from $89.88). Since Family Mobile bills you later, you only have to pay $19.88 when you sign up, which is the cost of the Nano Starter Kit.
I love the free VUDU movie perk, since movie nights are kind of our thing. Not only that, but all that data sounds pretty darn amazing, too. Between Grayson’s gaming and me primarily working from my phone, I can use all the data I can get. All customers who activate new lines on any rate plan from 10/1-10/31 will receive a code providing a free download of the Ghostbuster VR Experience! It gives users the experience of firing a proton pack and looking at ghosts straight in the eye. I feel kind of scared about that, but I am kind of a wimp. Here’s how to get the game:
- Demo at Walmart Store, purchase Walmart Family Mobile product and get code.
- Visit GhostbustersVR.com
- Register and Redeem code
- Download app from Apple Store or Google Play to access content!
Check out Walmart Family Mobile to find an event in your area and activate a new phone plan! At the events you can find a brochure with details on plan and VR experience + a plastic 3D hologram!
All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/5jo2h or your local Walmart for current pricing.